COVID-19 : INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS COMING TO CANADA
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes to our way of life.
As you make your study plans for the future, Canada is here to welcome you. We look forward to welcoming you this fall and in future.
COVID-19 has not changed Canadian universities’ commitment to delivering a high-quality university education. The safety and wellbeing of students are our universities’ top priorities, and our professors and researchers are working to support international students to succeed.
Canada has also put in place flexible measures around travel, visa and work restrictions for international students during the pandemic.
Whether it be online, in-person or in a hybrid format, your educational experience in Canada will be world-class – and your degree, globally recognized.
NOTA: Universities Canada does not provide immigration advice. Please refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for more information about coming to, and studying in, Canada as an international student.
Contact your university of choice for more information on registration.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website for information on:
- Exemptions from travel restrictions for international students – New exemptions starting October 20, 2020
- Visa application centres
- Information on biometrics, including the regular resumption of services in Canada and abroad
- Online courses and Post-Graduation Work Permit Program eligibility
- International students providing essential services
- Canada’s Public Health Agency COVID-19 awareness resources (available in multiple languages)